Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

CAN I GO ON STRIKE: Know All about Strike by Government Employee

 CAN I GO ON STRIKE?


1.  I am on Probation, CAN I GO ON STRIKE? What about my confirmation?


There is no restrictions on participation in strike during probation period. It is a right and duty of an employee to observe the strike as per the call given by his union / Association. Strike will not affect someone’s probation. Still if there is some misunderstanding contact your Union / Association Representative.


2.  I am going to retire within a year, CAN I GO ON STRIKE? What about my Pension / Gratuity?


For Terminal Benefits like Pension, Gratuity, Leave Encashment the notional salary is considered. Any reduction in salary due to strike is not affecting your terminal benefits. It is affected only in case of any suspension / loss of pay (other than strike call) and other punishment like reduction in pay scale etc.


3.  I am retiring this month, CAN I GO ON STRIKE? What about my Leave Encashment?


For Terminal Benefits like Pension, Gratuity, Leave Encashment on retirement etc.  the notional salary is considered. Any reduction in salary due to strike is not affecting your terminal benefits. It is affected only in case of any suspension / loss of pay (other than strike call) and other punishment like reduction in pay scale etc.


4.  I am scale iv and above, CAN I GO ON STRIKE?


Officer of any scale is an officer, When Union / Association is fighting for his welfare / benefits he must observe all the call of union / association. Till BPS 10 all wage settlement are finalised for all scale officers from scale 1 to scale 7. UFBU is always fighting for the wage settlement for All scale as always. There is a misconception and fear  created by interested corners to stop scale 4 and above officers to participate in strike to divide us. All organisations under UFBU are determined to fight out for the wage settlement for the officers of all the scale. And officers of all the scales must observe the Strike Call and all organisational calls to support the fight for justice.


5.  I am on leave during this period, CAN I GO ON STRIKE?


After the strike call is declared the Member should not plan his leave for that period. If leave during that period is already applied for and already sanctioned before the strike call Member must request the SDO (Salary Disbursing Officer) to consider himself/herself on strike and get the salary deducted. 


6. Some of my colleagues are not going on strike, CAN I GO ON STRIKE?


Don’t abstain yourself from observing the strike call given by your organisation because somebody is not going on strike. Instead educate that colleague. Explain him the importance of our Unity and strength of collective bargaining. Take help of other friends and union / association representative to educate that friend who are thinking not to go on strike and convince him/her to observe the strike call. Strike is for all of us.




Post a Comment

0 Comments